If there was ever a day that I wanted to throw in the towel on "documenting life", this was it. The usual rush to get out the door in the morning, time pressure from a few appointments, and *two* tantrums in public from my usually very mellow almost-4 year old. Despite that, there were great parts too:
- Lunch at my favorite restaurant with my friend J, who I've known for 22 years now. Such a gift, to have old friends nearby.
- My sweet girl T got an adorable haircut, and there were no tears. Watching her chat with the stylist while I was across the room supervising BabyM at the train table, I was amazed to see how much she's grown.
- After the tantrum at school pick up because her "teachers wouldn't let her STAY", she calmly and rationally asked us if we would let her stay in preschool for the full day. We couldn't say no, so she's going to try it next week.
- BabyM can stand for a second or two without holding on to anything, and she can bend down, grab something from the floor and stand right back up.
- I won a free pass to the Schoolhouse Craft Fall Conference for creative entrepreneurs this weekend. So excited.
I'd say in the accounting of the day, it turned out to be a pretty good one, even though there were two tantrums, and no photos of my lunch with J. Embracing imperfection, right?